“There is no situation, there is no age and no condition where exercise is not a good thing… In this period, in which people are in lockdown, exercise is one of the best things you can possibly do [and] I certainly want to stress the point that, wherever possible, people should be taking exercise. This is very important for long-term health.”
– Chris Whitty (Chief Medical Adviser, UK Government)
Clients’ safety and well-being have always been my top priority, and will continue to be during these challenging times. All of the guidelines and regulations set by the Government, The Body Control Pilates Association, and venues in which I teach will be adhered to at all times.
A thorough Risk Assessment at each of the venues has been carried out and some of the measures put into place include:
• All clients/group members will complete a Covid-19 questionnaire prior to their first class
• Classes will be small and socially distanced with a maximum of 8 participants. Each person having a 6 square metre space
• Sanitisers and social distancing signage will be in place at both venues
• Clients/group members will bring and use their own mats, head cushions (or folded towel), and small soft ball.
• A thorough cleaning regime will be upheld which will include cleaning of the hall floor, frequent contact points etc. before, between and after classes, using anti-bac/antiviral cleaning products
• The ‘catch-up/class swap’ system has been temporarily suspended in order to keep people in ‘class bubbles’
• No Teacher tactile ‘cueing/hand’s on’ corrections will take place, social distancing will be upheld at all times. Verbal instructions/corrections and demonstrations only.
• If any Teacher owned small equipment is used such as foam rollers it will only be used by 1 class per day, cleaned thoroughly and quarantined for a minimum of 48 hours prior to further use
Please feel free to request a copy of the full Covid-19 Risk Assessment should you wish.