I started practising Pilates in 2007 having spent some months suffering with back pain associated with weak core muscles following the birth of my son. I became more aware of my general posture and alignment and of how I was using and moving my body. It wasn’t long before I started to feel the benefits, my back pain became history, my body shape began to change and my general feeling of well-being was increased.
Having become passionate about Pilates and its many benefits I decided to train as a teacher through The Body Control Pilates Association, Europe’s largest professional Pilates organisation, and am qualified in Level 3 Pilates matwork and registered with REPS (Register of Exercise Professionals).
Specialist Qualifications: Level 3 Award in designing programmes for Bone Health (Pilates for Osteopenia and Osteoporosis).
Certificates in attending courses for: Intermediate Matwork, foam stability roller, resistance bands, toning balls, and small ball.
The Body Control Pilates teacher training course is the most comprehensive of its kind in the world and is widely seen as an international benchmark.
Body Control teachers:
- Are trained to a very high standard and are able to adapt exercises to suit individuals as necessary
- Teach good movement skills step-by-step enabling you to build the strength and flexibility you need to perform the more advanced classical Pilates exercises
- Work to a maximum group size of 12 to ensure that each group member receives close supervision and support
- Adheres to a Code of Practice that governs teaching standards and professional ethics
- Hold valid insurance and CPR certification
For further information on The Body Control Pilates Association please click here